Coach/Contextualized Lesson Planner
Title of position: Coach/Contextualized Lesson Planner
||Work hours and location
Temporary-no benefit position, time limited funding ending September 30, 2014, estimate 20 hours per week, primary location will be home residence (in-state travel will be required)
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. The Council is a statewide coordinating agency.
Kentucky Adult Education (KYAE) is required to coordinate and support adult education services statewide (120 programs). Programs provide quality, standards-based instruction to prepare students for college and career. Part of those services includes instilling students with the skills to make a successful transition from adult education and earning a high school equivalency diploma to college- and career-readiness.
The Kentucky Adult Education, Council on Postsecondary Education is seeking a part-time, time-limited, non-recurring curriculum coach/contextualized lesson developer (CCLD). The ideal candidate will be a quality educator with bachelor’s or graduate degree in education. During this assignment the curriculum coach will work with adult education program staff in 11 counties. The individual will have specific deliverables and a flexible work environment.
- Travel to work directly with adult education staff at their programs, to facilitate the development of contextualized lesson.
- Create and/or adapt existing standards-based lesson plans by integrating employability skills into instruction.
- Provide daily updates (phone or email) to Integrated Education and Training Models Senior Associate.
- Submit monthly status reports to KYAE.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of College and Career Readiness Standards, NRS levels, and high quality andragogy
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Manage multiple projects
- Work in a team environment
- Meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
||Education and prior work experience
- Bachelor’s or graduate student in education, preferably familiarity with adult education.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience, preferably with adult learners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a team and to interact with adult education instructors.
- Strong time management, follow-through skills, and attention to detail.
||Compensation and Hours
- $15.00 to 20.00 per hour
- Approx. 20 hours per week for 15-18 weeks
- In-state travel expenses will be reimbursed
Deadline for submission: Position is open until filled, with the first review of candidate submissions on April 18, 2014.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter that specifically addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a resume; lesson plan samples; and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
(Electronic email submission acceptable)
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.