Information Specialist, Information Systems
Title of Position: Information Specialist, Information Systems
Period: Full time non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st review of submissions October 1, 2013
Compensation: Competitive salary and full time state benefits
As an integral member of the Council’s information systems, the Information Specialist provides information assistance to current and potential Kentucky Virtual Campus (KYVC) users regarding degree, certificate, diploma programs and individual academic, professional development, adult and continuing education courses. Position also serves as liaison for KYVC providers and provides assistance to KnowHow2Transfer.org users.
||Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide information and assistance to current and potential students regarding degree, certificate, diploma programs and individual academic, professional development adult and continuing education courses provided by education providers through the KYVC and KnowHow2Transfer, and its partners via email, web forms and ACD phone calls.
- Keep track of inquiries via RightNOW (KYVC and KnowHow2Transfer customer relations management system) to ensure that tickets are logged, responses sent and closed appropriately.
- Participate in maintaining and evaluating tier 1 support desk in an effort to train and improve quality of service to our students and affiliates. Provide on demand statistics, including charts and graphs on the usage.
- Assist students and providers in requesting information and registering for courses and programs through Virtual Campus Navigator (vCN), the KYVC’s online course catalog and Student Information System.
- Provide specific referral services when the needs of the caller are beyond the scope of the Help Desk. For example: registrars, program coordinators, KCTCS distance learning advisors, technical help desk, and state and local adult education staff. Assist student and staff with login issues to KYVC, various partner websites and/or their learning platform.
- Help manage courses and programs for online course catalog. Provide updates, opening and closing of courses and course maintenance utilizing batch tools in vCN.
- Assist in maintaining databases, such as vCN and integrating products like WIN and ANGEL, to sync up enrollment information.
- Assist in updates and enhancements to various KYVC systems such as; course management system, student information system and customer relations management system.
- Serve as the provider contact and liaison for all KYVC partners. Attend team meetings with partners to discuss ideas, issues and enhancements on as needed basis. Work with technical staff to relay provider issues, enhancements requests to our student information system.
- Assist in training partners/ vendors to use the student information system also help create training videos using Camtasia Studio.
- Register and track Sloan workshop registration for KYVC partners and affiliates. Compile spreadsheet and graphs on demand showing usage by campus and by workshop.
- Assist in QA testing new and existing IT applications
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree with 2 years or Associate degree with 3 to 5 years of experience on a technical or advising helpdesk
- Great customer service oriented attitude to help current and potential students, providers, instructors and various system users.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a team
- Quick learner and the ability to prioritize competing demands in a changing, collaborative environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information per policy.
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail, especially under deadline pressures;
- Any work experience in higher education, education or online learning environment will be an asset.
- Experience with any learning management systems or student information system will be preferred.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a curriculum vita or resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.