Senior Associate for Integrated Education and Training Models (IETM), Strategic Initiatives
Period: Full time non-merit state position
Starting Date: Open until filled, first review of submissions will be January 4, 2013
Compensation: Competitive salary and full time state benefits
The Senior Associate for Integrated Education and Training Models (IETM), Strategic Initiatives oversees the needs assessment, planning, development, implementation, including piloting, evaluation, and continuous improvement of program models aimed at increasing adult education student access to college success and family wage career opportunities.
The Senior Associate leads program framework, curricula, and formative assessment development, supports program staff with piloting and program implementation, analyzes outcome data and presents evaluative recommendations, promotes scaling and sustainability of program models and ensures alignment of efforts with other ongoing initiatives and programmatic expectations.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent outreach skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and reassess priorities.
- Proficient software skills in Microsoft Office.
||Education and Prior Work Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Previous successful experience in developing and implementing integrated education and training program models
- Experience training and coaching adult education/postsecondary education program staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work as part of a team and to interact with the higher education community
- The ability to prioritize competing demands in a changing, collaborative environment
- Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail, especially under deadline pressures
- Doctorate degree from an accredited college/university
- Grant administration
- Statistical analysis experience
- Promote and support program services with local adult education programs to increase adult education student access to college and career opportunities
- Plan and consult regularly with Director of Strategic Initiatives
- Work collaboratively with Program Administrative, System Support, and Strategic Initiative teams
- Align integrated education and training models/efforts with performance and accountability expectations and professional development efforts
- Provide professional development and coaching on-site and at a distance for program staff on developing curricula (e.g., contextualized), instructional materials, and formative assessments aligned with Kentucky Common Core Standards and 21st Century Skills, executing effective instructional strategies, e.g., project-based learning, integrating instructional technology, and analyzing program data to inform continuous improvement of student achievement
- Assist programs in consulting with local postsecondary institutions and business and industry to identify knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for success in college and the workforce
- Identify methods of evaluation, e.g., observation, data elements, etc. to ascertain student outcome success and program goal attainment (e.g., access to credit bearing courses, fewer requirements for developmental education, securing family wage jobs, etc.)
- Identify, pursue, administer, including budgets, and manage grant awards
- Forge synergistic partnerships with a variety of organizations to leverage resources and facilitate program initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position; a curriculum vita or resume; and, the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rebecca Bowman, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
(Electronic email submission acceptable)
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.