Council on Postsecondary Education
July 16, 2007
10 a.m. (ET)
Marriott Griffin Gate Resort
8-10 a.m. – Budget and Finance Policy Group (Salon D-E)
8-10 a.m. – Quality and Accountability Policy Group (Salon C)
9-10 a.m. – Research, Economic Development, and Commercialization Policy Group (Salon A-B)
Approval of Minutes (75K PDF)
Focus on Reform: Double the Numbers
1. Budget and Finance Policy Group Report
a. 2008-10 Budget Recommendation Framework REVISED (401KB PDF)
b. Kentucky’s 2020 Double the Numbers Plan (156K PDF)
c. Action: 2007-08 Agency Operating Budget (35K PDF)
2. Quality and Accountability Policy Group Report
a. Action: Review of Ed.D. Proposals and Programs (95K PDF)
b. Kentucky Principals’ Academy (33K PDF)
3. Research, Economic Development, and Commercialization Policy Group Report
Question 1 – Are more Kentuckians ready for postsecondary education?
4. 2006-08 College Access Outreach Initiative (74K PDF)
5. P-16 Council Report (44K PDF)
6. Commissioner of Education Report (54K PDF)
Question 2 – Is Kentucky postsecondary education affordable for its citizens?
Question 3 – Do more Kentuckians have certificates and degrees?
Question 4 – Are college graduates prepared for life and work in Kentucky?
7. Action: MuSU M.S. in Nutrition Services (34K PDF)
8. Action: NKU M.S. in Health Informatics (31K PDF)
9. CEO Report (41K PDF)
Question 5 – Are Kentucky’s people, communities, and economy benefiting?
10. Action: UK M.I. King Library South Renovation (44K PDF)
11. Action: UK Chemistry-Physics Building Renovation- Revised (46K PDF)
The Council Business
12. Council Committee Assignments
13. Presidential Search Update
Next Meeting – September 16, 2007, The Brown Hotel, Louisville, Kentucky
(in conjunction with the 2007 Governor’s Conference on Postsecondary Education Trusteeship)