Council on Postsecondary Education
November 5, 2007
10 a.m. (ET)
CPE Meeting Room A, Frankfort, Kentucky
8-10 a.m., Quality and Accountability Policy Group (Mtg Rm A)
8:30-10 a.m., Research, Economic Development, and Commercialization Policy Group (Mtg Rm B)
Approval of Minutes
1. Budget and Finance Policy Group Report
a. 2008-10 Postsecondary Education Budget Recommendation
2. Quality and Accountability Policy Group Report
a. Action: Data Quality Policy (74K PDF)
3. Research, Economic Development, and Commercialization Policy Group Report
a. Action: Bucks for Brains Ten Year Report (44K PDF)
Bucks for Brains Report (684K PDF)
Question 1 – Are more Kentuckians ready for postsecondary education?
4. Action: Improving Educator State Grant Proposals (74K PDF) REVISED 10/30/07
5. P-16 Council Update (36K PDF)
6. Commissioner of Education Report (144K PDF)
Question 2 – Is Kentucky postsecondary education affordable for its citizens?
Question 3 – Do more Kentuckians have certificates and degrees?
7. Distance Learning Advisory Committee Report (43K PDF)
8. Adults with Some College Survey (44K PDF)
Question 4 – Are college graduates prepared for life and work in Kentucky?
9. Committee on Equal Opportunities Report (51K PDF)
Question 5 – Are Kentucky’s people, communities, and economy benefiting?
The Council Business
10. Action: FY 2006-07 Agency Audit (39K PDF)
11. Nominating Committee Appointments (31K PDF)
12. 2008 Meeting Calendar