Council on Postsecondary Education
November 7, 2008
10 a.m. (ET)
Crager Room, Adron Doran University Center
Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
8:30-10 a.m. – Council Member Work Session
The agenda for this session is open-ended and will be determined by the Council members, discussion will be informal, and no formal action will be taken. The session is open to the public.
Approval of Minutes
Welcome from President Wayne Andrews and Morehead State University
CPE President’s Report
1. Governor’s Higher Education Work Group (992K PDF)
2. Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation Annual Report (7130K PDF)
3. STEM Initiative Task Force Report3_STEM_report (41K PDF)
4. 2007-08 Accountability Report Update (207K PDF)
5. Trustee Leadership/Professional Development Proposals (33K PDF)
Question 1 – Are more Kentuckians ready for postsecondary education?
6. Action: Improving Educator Quality State Grant Program (69K PDF)
7. Commissioner of Education Report (32K PDF)
Question 2 – Is Kentucky postsecondary education affordable for its citizens?
8. Action: Tuition and Mandatory Fee Policy and 2009-10 Tuition Setting Process (125K PDF)
9. Setting 2009-10 Tuition Rates (36K PDF)
a. Fiscal Impact of Budget Cutbacks – Institutional Reports (943K PDF)
b. Data on Affordability (1957K PDF)
Question 3 – Do more Kentuckians have certificates and degrees?
10. Transfer: Next Steps (49K PDF)
Question 4 – Are college graduates prepared for life and work in Kentucky?
11. Committee on Equal Opportunities Report (34K PDF)
Question 5 – Are Kentucky’s people, communities, and economy benefiting?
12. Action: KSU Capital Project – Center for Families and Children (45K PDF)
13. Action: WKU Capital Project – Chapel and Columbarium (45K PDF)
14. Equine Revolving Trust Fund (91K PDF)
15. Status Report (SB 189) Preserving and Protecting the Investment of Public Funds in State-Owned Facilities (35K PDF)
The Council Business
16. Action: Fiscal Year 2007-08 Agency Audit (39K PDF)
17. Program Audit Subcommittee Report (39K PDF)
18. Nominating Committee Appointments (30K PDF)
19. Presidential Search Committee Update
Reports from the Institutions (1640K PDF)
Next Meeting – January 15-16, 2009