Agenda: October 2, 2008
Kentucky Adult Learner Initiative
Working Group on Financial Aid for Adult Learners
Thursday, October 2, 2008
1:00 pm to 3:00pm
Paul Borden Conference Room, KHEAA
Summary of and Updates from September 4th Meeting
* Tuition reimbursement and other employer education benefits
* Institutional partnerships with employers
* Lifelong learning accounts
Workforce Development Funding
* What types of federal and state workforce development funding are available?
* Are there missed opportunities for accessing these funds?
* Do state and federal funding regulations operate congruently with state and institutional financial aid for adult learners? Are there instances in which postsecondary financial aid and workforce training funding conflict?
* How can postsecondary institutions work more closely with workforce training programs?
* Go Higher Grant program
* Tax credit for onsite GED training
* Partnership opportunities between postsecondary institutions and adult education centers to increase FAFSA completion, access financial aid, and transition to college
Veterans as Adult Learners
* Data on size of veteran population and utilization of educational benefits
* Discussion of military educational benefits options