Thanks to all who participated in the 2015 Kentucky Student Success Summit. Materials presented are below.
- Opening Remarks
Robert L. King, president, Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
- “Preparing Students for Success in a Global Economy: Questioning Liberal Education’s Enduring Value(s)”
Debra Humphreys, Ph.D., Vice President for Policy & Public Engagement, Association of American Colleges & Universities
- “Improving Critical Cross-Cutting Learning Outcomes: A Multistate Effort”
Dr. Debra Humphreys, Vice President for Policy & Public Engagement, Association of American Colleges & Universities,; Tara Rose, Director, Office of Assessment, University of Kentucky; & Karman Wheeler, Academic Assessment Coordinator, Bluegrass Community and Technical College—Lawrenceburg Campus
- “The Pedagogy of e-Portfolios: Increasing Inquiry, Integration, & Engagement”
Kati Lewis, e-Portfolio Coordinator, & Adam Dastrup, Association Professor and Coordinator, Geosciences Department, Salt lake Community College
- “Preparing Engaged Citizens by Integrating Civic Learning & General Education”
Tracy Slagter, Associate Professor of Political Science & Interim Director of University Studies, University of Wisconsin—Oshkosh
- “Career Advising for the 21st Century”
O. Ray Angle, Director of University Career Services, University of North Carolina
- “Reaching Out to 21st Century Students: The Value of Connecting with 'Near Completers'”
Sue French, Dean of Instruction and Professional Development, Elizabethtown Community and Technical College; Jamie Mantooth, Director of Retention, Murray State University; and Jason Warren, Dean of Student Affairs, Hopkinsville Community College
- "The $100 Solution™"
Leah Ashwill & McKinze Willard, Western Kentucky University
- "Service Learning: Two Approaches to Growing Quality & Quantity"
Mark Neikirk, Northern Kentucky University
- "University Outreach and Engagement: Conducting Community Impact Assessment"
Henry Cunningham, University of Louisville
- “Teaching Naked: Campus Value and Changing Minds”
José Antonio Bowen, President, Goucher College & Author of Teaching Naked
- “Life After Stronger by Degrees: Planning for the Nest Statewide Strategic Agenda”
Lee Nimocks and Melissa Young, Council on Postsecondary Education
||About the Summit
The Kentucky Student Success Summit provides faculty, staff and administrators an opportunity to learn from leading student success experts and to engage in stimulating discussions with colleagues from across the state. The summit features nationally-recognized experts who share evidence-based best practices to promote student learning and retention.