Council on Postsecondary Education
CPE PRESIDENT BOB KING TO VISIT HENDERSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE ON WEDNESDAY
Council on Postsecondary Education President Bob King will continue his campus tours this week by visiting Henderson Community College on Wednesday, March 30.
King’s schedule will be as follows:
- 9:30 a.m. CDT—Meet with invited community members, Union County members of the Board of Directors and Foundation Board
- 10:45 a.m. CDT—Campus tour with students
- Noon-1:30 p.m. CDT—Meet with campus and community leaders, Stagg Room, Fine Arts Center
- 1:40-2:30 p.m. CDT—Meet with college leadership team, Patrick R. Lake Board Room, Sullivan Technology Center
- 2:45-3:45 p.m. CDT—Open reception with faculty, staff and students, and community members
King will be discussing “Stronger by Degrees, A Strategic Agenda for Kentucky Postsecondary and Adult Education,” which will guide public policy priorities outlined in the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997 (House Bill 1). The new agenda builds on a decade of success and intensifies the state’s focus on four urgent policy areas: college readiness; student success; research, economic and community development; and efficiency and innovation.
The media is welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Kentucky’s postsecondary and adult education system is improving the economic vitality of the Commonwealth and the lives of Kentuckians. By raising educational attainment, Kentucky will attract higher wage and knowledge-based business and industry. The overall quality of life for Kentuckians will also improve with higher incomes and levels of employment, better health, less obesity, more volunteerism, and lower crime and public assistance rates.