Council on Postsecondary Education
CPE PRESIDENT BOB KING TO VISIT ASHLAND COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE ON MONDAY
Council on Postsecondary Education President Bob King will continue his campus tours next week when he visits Ashland Community and Technical College on Monday, April 18.
King’s schedule will be as follows:
- 9:15–10:15 a.m.—Tour Technology Drive Campus
- 10:15.-11:15 a.m.— Meet with faculty, staff and students at Technology Drive Campus
- 11:30 a.m.—Presentation to the Rotary Club
- 1:30-2:30 p.m.—Meet with faculty, staff and students at College Drive Campus
- 3-4 p.m.-- Ashland Daily Independent editorial board meeting
- 4 p.m.—Tour Roberts Drive Campus
Among other topics, King will be discussing “Stronger by Degrees, A Strategic Agenda for Kentucky Postsecondary and Adult Education,” which will guide public policy priorities outlined in the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997 (House Bill 1). The new agenda builds on a decade of success and intensifies the state’s focus on four urgent policy areas: college readiness; student success; research, economic and community development; and efficiency and innovation.
The media is encouraged to attend.