Location: Frankfort, KY, telework as agency directed
Travel: Limited travel
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
CPE is responsible for the coordination of a multi-sector, statewide higher education enterprise comprising Kentucky’s public universities and community and technical colleges serving nearly 250,000 students. In addition, the CPE licenses private for-profit and nonprofit colleges and universities operating in the state.
The Associate will work directly with CPE’s Executive Director of Initiatives for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to assist in carrying out the many responsibilities of CPE’s division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring the implementation of the Kentucky Public Postsecondary Education Policy for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion;
- Coordinating the annual evaluation process of institutional progress toward their equal educational opportunity goals;
- Coordinating the annual symposium for diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Coordinating the Academic Leadership Development Institute ;
- Developing statewide cultural competence standards;
- Facilitating meetings for the Committee on Equal Opportunities;
- Coordinating initiatives that promote diversity, equity and inclusion among Kentucky’s public postsecondary institutions and;
- Coordinating initiatives that ensure all students succeed at the same rate, regardless of race or income.
Within those responsibilities, there are numerous projects and initiatives that require an abundance of research, coordination, planning, and follow-up. The successful candidate will work with the Executive Director of Initiatives for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; so strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills are essential. The Associate should manage day-to-day project activities, thus allowing the Executive Director to focus on broader issues and proactively identify potential problems. The Associate will fulfill these roles in an exciting and fast-paced environment.
- Serve as primary support for the annual evaluation process of institutional progress toward their equal educational opportunity goals.
- Analyze institutional diversity plans for best practices as they relate to the statewide diversity policy.
- Coordinate logistics for and attend the Committee on Equal Opportunities meetings, and follow up on actions and decisions identified at the meetings.
- Identify, develop and assist in implementing best practices and operational procedures for the Committee on Equal Opportunity.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the annual diversity, equity and inclusion symposium.
- Assist in providing content for the division webpage, publications and webinars.
- Assist in developing a statewide diversity, equity and inclusion action plan.
- Visit campuses across the state to learn more about their efforts to ensure implementation of practices reflective of diversity, equity, and inclusion and to learn how CPE can better support those efforts.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education.
- Knowledge of culturally competent and responsive practices.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rae Smith, Human Resource
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
100 Airport Road, Second Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601